• Travelling to

  • Visa Category

Poland Study Visa Requirements

Capital City:
Zloty (PLN)
Local Time:
GMT + 1
Telephone Code :
+ 48
Closed on Saturday afternoon and Sunday.
Exchange Rate:
1.00 PLN (Polish Zloty) is equivalent to 19.21 INR

Student Visa Requirement

VISA Type-D can be provided for people who are planning to stay on the Polish territory for more than 90 days in total (one or more visits) during a year starting from the day of the first entry.

Long-term VISA Type-D gives a right:

to stay on the Polish territory till the expiration date of VISA;

to move on the territory of the other countries-members of the Schengen Agreement not more than 90 days during every 180-day period starting from the day of the first entry.

  1. Relevant Pages of Passport:
  • Must be valid at least 90 days after the expiration of visa and not older than 10 years; travel document must have at least two consecutive blank pages; damaged travel documents cannot be accepted.
  • PASSPORT DATA PAGES COPY: One copy of the applicant’s passport data pages (the first and the last one). Copy of the pages with Polish/Schengen visas, if issued – if the visas were in the previous passport – copy of that passport’s data pages – the first and the last one.
  1. Visa Application Form:
  • Visa application form without blanks, signed by the applicant – at least 18 years old may lodge and sign a visa application personally; the signature as the one in the passport.
  • For minor (below 18 years old), signed by both parents or legal guardians; the signature as the one in the passport.
  1. Photograph: A color photography – with the following specifications: passport type, white background 35mmx45mm, dating from the last 6 months.
  2. Photo ID card/ Business Card: A personal identity card of the applicant such as National ID/Adhar Card/Driving License and business card (Recommended).
  3. Cover Letter: APPLICANT’S COVERING LETTER mentioning the purpose and duration of travel, list of attached documents and other useful information.
  4. Certificate of Employment: A certificate of employment with monthly salary statement.
  5. Proof of Financial Resources: DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING THE SUFFICIENT FINANCIAL RESOURCES (OF APPLICANT OR SPONSOR) cannot be issued more than one month before submission of visa application.
  • Traveler’s cheque.
  • Certificate of the amount of the credit card limit issued by the bank (any bank located in India or Poland or another country is allowed).
  • A certificate of availability of money in a bank or a cooperative savings and loan association located on the territory of the Republic of Poland (it cannot be a bank located in India).
  • A document confirming granting of a national or foreign scholarship.
  1. Other Financial Documents:

DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING THE SUFFICIENT FINANCIAL RESOURCES TO COVER COSTS OF LIVING AND RETURN TRAVEL TO THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN OR RESIDENCE – applicant applying for a national visa for study must provide a document confirming that he has sufficient financial resources to cover:

  • The cost of returning to the country of origin in the amount of 2500 PLN (minimum) to cover returning to the country of origin (other than a country neighboring Poland or an EU/EFTA members).
  • Living expenses covering the planned stay: the required minimum for each month of the planned stay is 701 PLN/person, or 528 PLN/each person in the family (if applicant will stay in Poland with family members).
  • Cost of accommodation (documents must be submitted in a way the consul will be able to estimate the cost of living e.g. lease agreement, a decision on the provision of a dormitory, etc.).
  • g. Applicant from India for a 365-day visa must have at least 10912 PLN (701 PLN x 12 months + 2500 PLN) to cover the cost of return and living expenses and additional funds to cover the cost of accommodation. If the monthly payment for a dormitory or renting an apartment is 1000 PLN, then the cost of accommodation will be: 1000 PLN x 12 months = 12000 PLN per year. In total, the applicant needs at least 22912 PLN.

*Not applicable to National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA) scholarship beneficiaries (scholarship programs only waving the tuition fee not included).

  1. Travel Health Insurance: Original and one copy of the certificate of TMI issued by a company from the list of approved Indian insurance companies of the consular posts of Schengen states (handwritten certificates will not be accepted; the name of the insured should be written in Latin alphabet; TMI must be valid in the Schengen area and for the entire duration of stay, the TMI’s minimum coverage is 30.000 euro and it must cover costs of any emergency medical treatment and repatriation for medical reasons as well as in case of death repatriation of the deceased).
  2. Airline Ticket Itinerary: if the applicant is travelling to several Schengen States, proof of intra-Schengen flight reservation, train itinerary or car rental.
  3. Academic Certificates and Transcripts: Documents attesting previous education (originals should be presented at the counter):
  • Higher secondary certificate – if the applicant applies for a visa on the basis of a university certificate on admission to the first year of studies / preparatory course, one must submit the higher secondary certificate legalized/attested/apostilled by the MEA/MFA.
  • Higher studies certificates / diplomas of graduation – if the applicant applies for a visa on the basis of a university certificate on admission to the second and third cycle studies, he/she must provide the higher studies certificate / diploma of graduation legalized/attested/apostilled by the MEA/MFA.
  • In case of student exchange:
  • The original certificate from the university in India confirming that the applicant is a student.
  • Copy of the agreement/official information from the universities regarding the student exchange.
  • Invitation from the Polish university.
  1. Enrollment Letter: The original certificate of the unit conducting the studies on admission to studies or on the continuation of studies – in accordance with the format set out in the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education from 23th of September 2019.
  2. Payment Receipt of Tuition Fees: Proof of payment for studies issued by the educational institution; if studies are free of charge, a confirmation from the university is required.
  3. Accommodation Confirmation: Document confirming the availability in Poland of appropriate accommodation for the intended period of stay (documents shall contain information about the cost of living; the costs for a full period or monthly payment must be indicated): certificate of registration (zameldowanie), lease agreement, decision on the provision of the dormitory, other type of accommodation proof.


Letter of sponsorship – it should be noted that the sponsors are required to cover all travel, living and accommodation expenses of the person applying for the visa.

  1. From the applicant’s parents – the sponsor’s letter must be certified by a notary.
  2. From a third person – admissibility will be assessed by the consul; the sponsor’s letter must be certified by a notary and legalized/attested/apostilled by MEA/MFA.
  3. Documents confirming the availability of financial resources of the sponsor (indicated at p.9.1).
  4. Document confirming relationship with the sponsor (e.g. the family ties) – the exact same spelling of sponsor’s name in the document confirming the relationship with the sponsor, in the sponsor’s letter and in the documents confirming the financial resources, is required, e.g. if parents’ names are not correctly or fully indicated in the applicant’s passport, another official document (in Polish or English) confirming the family ties (e.g. birth certificate) legalized/attested/apostilled by the MEA/MFA should be submitted. Please note that affidavits will not be considered official documents in this regard.


  1. Birth certificate (if applicable, proof of legal guardianship) legalized/attested/apostilled by MEA/MFA.
  2. Copies of signed ID documents of the parents/guardians of the applicant.
  3. Notarized certificate of permission to travel from the parent(s)/guardian(s) not accompanying the minor during the travel, legalized/attested/apostilled by MEA/MFA.
  4. Proof of parent(s)/ guardian(s) accompanying minor during travel:

Death certificate if one or both of the parent(s) is/are dead legalized/attested/apostilled by MEA/MFA.

  1. Court verdict in case the parents are divorced and/or one of the parents lost custody of the child, legalized/attested/apostilled by MEA/MFA.
  2. RESIDENCE PROOF – an official document proving stay in the current jurisdiction.