• Travelling to

  • Visa Category

Switzerland Tourist Visa Requirements

Capital City:
Swiss Franc (CHF)
Local Time:
GMT + 1
Telephone Code :
+ 41
Closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Exchange Rate:
1.00 CHF (Swiss Franc) is equivalent to 80.75 BDT

Tourist Visa Requirement

  1. Relevant Pages of Passport: Original Passport with validity of minimum six months after the intended date of departure and minimum two blank pages for visa stamp. Issued within the last 10 years and with at least 3 months validity after the scheduled return, with at least two blank pages. Handwritten passports and passports with observations regarding the front page (bio data) cannot be accepted.
  2. Visa Application Form: The visa application must be filled with proper information and signed by the applicant. Please find the visa application form below: The visa application must be filled with proper information and signed by the applicant. Completed, signed twice by the applicant and, if applicable, authorization of third person.
  3. If the applicant is a minor: visa application signed twice by legal guardian and if applicable, authorization of third person. (Proving the custody of a minor child, divorce papers, dead certificate etc.).
  4. Photograph: White background, not older than 6 months (size 35 – 40 mm in width, not copied or scanned picture). 1st picture pasted on the application – 2nd picture has to be clipped on the last page of the passport, stapled or pinned pictures cannot be accepted.
  5. Photo ID Card/ Business Card: A personal identity card of the applicant such as National ID/Adhar Card/Driving Licence and business card (Recommended).
  6. Cover Letter: A personal letter from applicant including perosnal details, purpose of visit and outlining who will be responsible for the full costs of the trip. The letter should be addressed to – The Visa Office and signed by the applicant. Original letter with travel plan.
  7. If the applicant is submitting the applications of his/her family, then all applications must include a copy of the covering letter.
  8. Invitation Letter from Tour Operator/Trip Itinerary: A Letter of Gurantee/Confirmed Invitation from a licensed tour operator or travel agency outlining your day to day trip plan, details of the arrangements made and the undertaking on your repatriation. Original letter has to be on a business letterhead from the employer/company. The letter has to be signed and stamped by HR or directorate mentioning your position and the duration of your service. The dates and purpose of the trip.
  9. NOC/LOI: A letter from your employer on the organization’s letter-head pad, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job as per schedule from employer “No objection statement” regarding the planned trip to Switzerland/Schengen States.
  10. Copy of Incorporation Certificate: Scanned copy of a valid Incorporation Certificate in case the applicant is the owner of/employed by the company If self-employed and/or company owner:
  11. Business registration certificate / GST Registration with annex A & B / Partnership Deed / Proof of proprietorship, or other proof of ownership.
  12. Last 3 months personal & business bank account statements.
  13. Company’s & personal ITR (only ITR-V, Indian Income Tax Return Verification Form or Acknowledgement is accepted) for the last 2 assessment years.
  14. Personal Bank Statements: Original Bank Statements (Personal/Payroll) for last 6 months mentioning the Bank’s name, telephone number clearly with authorized bank stamp and signature (e-statement is not acceptable).
  15. Personal ITR Certificate: Income Tax Return Certificate for a period of last 3 years (Recommended): Income Tax Return Certificate for a period of last 3 years (Recommended) (Last 3 years)
  16. Proof of employment: employment contract & last 3 months salary slips & last 3 months salary bank account statements.
  17. Travel Health Insurance: travel health insurance/medical insurance covering the full time of an applicant’s intended visit. The insurance must be valid throughout the territory of the visiting state/s. The minimum cover shall be EUR 30,000 Minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro / 50,000 USD / 50,000 CHF per person. Coverage of all expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment. The insurance has to cover the entire stay in Schengen territory. Applicants who wish to apply for a six months or a one year multiple visa are not obliged to provide a 180 (365) days coverage. It is sufficient to submit an insurance policy covering the first journey.
  18. Ticket Itinerary: A reserved itinerary for your airline ticket as per the schedule of the trip.
  19. Hotel Reservation: A reserved itinerary for your accommodation at a hotel or resort as per the schedule of the trip.
  20. Marriage Certificate: An authenticated/notarized copy of marriage certificate. The certificate must be in English language
  21. Children’s Birth Certificate: Copy of birth certificate of the applicant’s children. The certificate must be in English language
  22. Previous Refusal Letters: Copy of any available visa refusal letter If you have been refused a visa by an Embassy or High Commission in the last 2 years, please provide the Refusal Notice or a written explanation about the reasons of refusal.
  23. Relevant pages of previous passports including visa copies Previous passport/s :If any, bound together with rubber band, not stapled. Clear photocopies of valid UK, USA, or CAN visas (if any). Photocopies of the 1st page (bio data) and last page of the passport.
  24. Consent Letter Children under 18 years old, not travelling with both parents written consent letter of the other, non-travelling parent or legal guardian, certified by public notary.
  25. Children under 18 years old, travelling alone : written consent letter of both parents or legal guardian, certified by public notary. In all cases: copies of the passports of both parents (legal guardian) or PAN cards or driving license.